The Barnstable Housing Authority has been operating low income subsidized housing since 1948 and currently administers approximately 1052 units of housing.
Housing units include:
• 155 units of state-aided Chapter 667 elderly/handicapped
• 18 units of state-aided congregate housing for frail, elderly and disabled
• 52 units of state-aided Chapter 689 special needs
• 52 units of state-aided Chapter 705 family
• 75 units with state-aided Massachusetts Rental Vouchers
• 20 units of Alternative Housing Voucher Program housing for disabled individuals
• 68 units of federal 46-3 elderly/handicapped housing
• 170 units with HUD Section 8 rental assistance
• 90 units with Section 8 Mobility Vouchers.
• 16 units of Single Room Occupancy Sect 8 Mod Rehab. for homeless Veterans
• 35 units with vouchers under the federally funded Shelter Plus Care Program for people with HIV/Aids
• 9 units for families with disabilities through the Cape Ministries program
• 5 Units under the Pilot House Plus Program for homeless individuals
• 50 units under the Rental Acquisition Program (RAP)
• 200 units under the Disabled Independent Adult Living Program (DIAL)
• 93 Section 8 Vouchers under the Fair Share Program
Stage Coach Residences applications are available on our website
RENTAL ACQUISITION PROGRAM (RAP) UNITS - PLEASE SEE DOCUMENTS PAGE FOR INCOME QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION FOR DOWNLOAD
705 Tree removal and trimming project currently bidding - see documents page for more informaiton
Roof replacement project - 2 locations listed on ProjectDog
Many BHA projects will now be bid on-line. Please frequently check BidDocsonline and/or ProjectDog for opportunities.