Welcome to Barnstable Housing Authority
The Barnstable Housing Authority has been operating low income subsidized housing since 1948 and currently administers approximately 1052 units of housing.
Housing units include:
• 155 units of state-aided Chapter 667 elderly/handicapped
• 18 units of state-aided congregate housing for frail, elderly and disabled
• 52 units of state-aided Chapter 689 special needs
• 52 units of state-aided Chapter 705 family
• 75 units with state-aided Massachusetts Rental Vouchers
• 20 units of Alternative Housing Voucher Program housing for disabled individuals
• 68 units of Federal 46-3 elderly/handicapped housing
• 170 units with HUD Section 8 rental assistance
• 90 units with Section 8 Mobility Vouchers.
• 16 units of Single Room Occupancy Sect 8 Mod Rehab for homeless Veterans
• 35 units with vouchers under the federally funded Shelter Plus Care Program for people with HIV/AIDS
• 9 units for families with disabilities through the Cape Ministries program
• 5 units under the Pilot House Plus Program for homeless individuals
• 50 units under the Rental Acquisition Program (RAP)
• 200 units under the Disabled Independent Adult Living Program (DIAL)
• 93 Section 8 Vouchers under the Fair Share Program
Stage Coach Residences applications are available on our website
RENTAL ACQUISITION PROGRAM (RAP) UNITS - PLEASE SEE DOCUMENTS PAGE FOR INCOME QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION FOR DOWNLOAD
any BHA projects will now be bid on-line. Please frequently check BidDocsonline and/or ProjectDog for opportunities as well as on this website.
We are currently seeking bids for envelope replacement and repair project at 71 Pleasant Street in Hyannis. Please check the documents page to review the advertisement. Time is of the essence; bids are due 1/13/2017. posted 1/6/2017